How do we collect personal information from our customers?
- When making a reservation
- Contact with our customer service centre
- When making a payment
- Through the use of our website
- Through our travel agents
What information do we collect?
- Name[s] of passenger[s]
- Date of birth
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Flight details
- Credit card/bank account details
Passengers retain the right to withhold any information from us but some of our products and services may not be available if this information is not collected.
Use of information
By using our site, passengers consent to their personal information being used by us for the following main purposes:
- To process transactions made, including flight bookings
- To assist in processing requests for other products and services offered by us
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied
- To contact regarding enquiries
- To communicate regarding any competitions, promotions or other offers which may be of interest and for which the passenger may be eligible
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations, including the transfer of personal information to relevant customs and immigration authorities
We may retain and store some personal information, including customer profile information (such as name, contact details and flight booking history) to improve customer satisfaction and to tailor our services to meet our passengers’ individual needs.
Keeping information secure
We take security issues seriously. We have implemented appropriate steps to help maintain the security of our information systems and processes and prevent the accidental destruction, loss or unauthorised disclosure of the information we collect.
To ensure that the information provided to us online is protected, we use a secure server known as Secure Server Layer (SSL). This means that all information submitted through our website, including your credit card details, is encrypted to provide greater protection. Although we take every measure to protect this information, we make no warranty regarding the effectiveness of this encryption and we will not be held liable for unauthorised access to this information.
Cookies can be disabled through the settings on the browser; however, this may affect the ability to properly use the site.
Disclosing personal information to third parties
We may use third party agents and service providers to collect, hold and process on our behalf personal information for the purposes set out in this policy. These agents and service providers act on our instructions and will only use this information as we tell them to.
We may disclose personal information to the police and other governmental bodies, as required by law or if we think the disclosure may help to detect and deal with crime and/or unsavoury behaviour.
We may give personal information to our subsidiaries and associate companies to allow them to market their goods and services, but only with our customers’ consent.
We will not sell information to any third party, except in the event that we sell our business or a substantial part of it; in which case our passengers’ information would be part of the sale in order to allow the purchaser to carry on providing some or all of our services.
You can contact us about privacy issues or comment on our privacy practices by contacting us at our Head Office in Nairobi, Kenya.